Alert Online is firmly committed to raising awareness of cyber security. We are keen to make the Netherlands safer online. We cannot achieve this alone, however, and therefore need the assistance of as many partners as possible. Ready to join?
Become a part of Alert Online!
You can help your friends, family, colleagues and yourself to become more cyber aware. How? By becoming a cybersecurity hero! A cyber security hero is ‘alert online’, sets the right example, and helps others. This way, you protect both yourself and the people around you online. You can do this by helping your grandma recognizing phishing emails or by sharing an article about safe passwords on Facebook. Together we can make the online world safer.
Do you want your organization to become a part of Alert Online? Visit our partner page for more information!
To make the Netherlands safer online and create more awareness you can:
- Do the test as a first step to become a cybersecurity hero
- Share tips with friends, family, and colleagues to make them more cyber aware.
- Follow Alert Online on Facebook and Twitter and share what’s important with your friends.
- Give a presentation about cybersecurity
- Request the curriculum for your class or school.
- Visit a cybersecurity initiative during the Alert Online campaign weeks!
About Alert Online
Alert Online is an initiative that facilitates and promotes cyber security throughout the public and private sectors, in the fields of education and science, and among consumers in the Netherlands, while also encouraging them to behave more cyber securely. The intention of the Alert Online campaign is to establish a movement in this area, while also making consumers more aware of their own online and digital security, as well as raising their digital resilience. Alert Online organizes various activities throughout the year – some in collaboration with partners – with a view to attracting attention to cyber security. The focus of these efforts is the campaign to be held in October. The Alert Online awareness campaign is partly funded by the European Union Internal Security Fund (ISF).
- Alert Online was launched at the initiative of the National Coordinator for Counterterrorism and Security (NCTV) in 2012.
- Since 2013, each version of the campaign has been designated a central annual topic. Namely: “Smart security” (2013), “Knowledge” (2014), “Corporate digital responsibility” (2015), “Cyber skills” (2016), “Cyber Security Heroes” (2017 and 2018) and "What we know, do and how we measure it" in 2019.
- In 2019, over 250 partners participated in the organization of Alert Online.
- In 2019, Alert Online will kick-off the European Cybersecurity Month on September 26th.
Omnicom Public Relations Group Netherlands was commissioned by the NCTV to facilitate and organize Alert Online 2019.